If you are raising chickens, knowing what medicine to use when bacteria strikes is a must. L-Spec injectable solution is one of the most common and highly recommended injectable drugs for chickens that have severe respiratory infections like coryza. When the chicken’s face is swollen (pamamaga sa mukha ng manok), it’s called coryza and no amount of oral medicine can cure this infection. L-spec is always the solution.
The combination of Lincomycin + Spectinomycin has an additive mode of action and in many cases acts as synergistic. Lincomycin has a bacteriostatic mode of action against mainly gram-positive bacteria (Staphylococcus aureus, Streptococcus pyogenes, Str. Suis, Str agalactiae, Diplococcus pneumoniae, Corynebacterium pyogenes, Clostridium Perfringens, Clostridium tetani, and Pasteurella multocida). Anaerobe microorganisms are very sensitive to L Spec like Bacteroides spp. and Mycoplasmas. Spectinomycin has a broad bacteriostatic spectrum activity against gram-negative and gram-positive bacteria.
Useful in the control and treatment of complicated chronic respiratory disease (CRD), infectious Coryza, fowl Cholera, Salmonellosis, and other bacterial organism. (sipon, halak pisik, pamamaga ng mukha, etc)
For the control and treatment of Swine Dysentery Bacterial Enteritis associated with E. coli and Salmonella, Mycoplasma, Pneumonia, and Swine Erysipelas infections.
Cattle, Sheep & Goat:
Gastrointestinal and foot rot infection.
Dosage and Administration
- Cock and Hen: Inject 0.5 to 0.8ml intramuscularly of L-Spec injectable after giving AMTYL 500. Do this for 3 straight days.
- Stags and Pullets: Inject 0.3 to 0.5 ml intramuscular after giving AMTYL 500 for 3 straight days.
- Cockerel: Inject 0.1 ml to 0.3 ml intramuscular after giving Ambroxitil Water Soluble Powder for 3 straight days.
- Swine | Cattle | Sheep & Goat | Dogs: 1 ml per 10 kg bodyweight daily for 5 days.
L-Spec Injectable Price
L-Spec is not a cheap poultry drug. The price always varies depending on the poultry supply store and location but the current average price is ₱600 for a 10ml vial.
Where to buy L-Spec Injectable
You can buy L-Spec injectables online or at any poultry supply store in your area that sells poultry drugs. Bigger agri-vet supply stores always sell this type of antibacterial drug.
- What is Jersey Giant Chicken Breed
- What is Chinese Silkie Chicken Breed
- How Long Do Hens Lay Eggs
- Why Chicken Feathers Are Falling?
- What is the Best Age to Buy Chickens?